Friday 7 December 2012

I guess this means I lose my street cred

I didn't have much to begin with so I haven't fallen far. Reading last months CFP journal I came across the line "Topical application of cocaine to the nipples is dangerous and contraindicated during breastfeeding."

Um....what?

Why on earth would anyone do that? I can't imagine that was part of a trial unless it was during the pre-ethics review board era. Even then, why would they think to test that? Maybe this is what people are doing nowadays?

I do tend to get a little lost when talking to a person who uses recreational drugs, I am simply not up to date enough on the lingo. Although I'm not fully sure that's a bad thing, it does leave me at somewhat of a disadvantage when this comes up in a workday. Why wasn't this part of medical school? We sat through lectures on complementary medicine, why not the third kind of drugs?

Oh well...just a little less cred

No comments:

Post a Comment