Saturday 5 January 2013

The Post Holiday Hangover

So my sister does read this. Apparently I must thin of another way to hide future ink stains.

Cast over hangover, that is what I have today. I went on a casting on binge and now I have way too many WIP's. Rather than headache and emesis though I feel tense and edgy. It's quite tempting to stay up late knitting but I have an out. The project I most want to work on, the monkey socks, are at the perfect point (heel flap) for brainless knitting and I have a friend coming over to knit on Sunday. Thus I am saving them for that.

Monkey Socks made with Indigodragonfly merino sock yarn
(No one knows the monkey socks were supposed to be a Christmas present for someone...they are now magically morphed into a birthday present. This gives me until March. It'll be our secret).
I found a new way to embarrass myself at work the other day, that's always fun. Turns out when they say hand wash only on your favourite front clasp bra they mean if you repeatedly wash it in a machine it will weaken the clasp. This will cause said clasp to give way while you are bent over examining a 4 month old. And of course, this was the only baby I've seen brought in by the father, I feel like it would have been much less awkward if it was just the mom. Running out the door while mumbling something about drawing up the vaccines was also not the graceful exit this situation required. The bra has been retired. I am considering writing a letter to the bra manufacturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment