Thursday 17 January 2013

When all else fails...verbal diarrhea

I guess I never got around to putting up the pictures of my cast-on frenzy. Here are a few:

Using some random cotton yarn I found in my stash this will magically transform into A Hooded Baby Wrap which is a nice free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn 

Another Lion Brand Yarn project, although the patter is for Rifle Mittens for he who shall not be named (I've been watching the Harry Potter movies for study breaks) and I cannot post a link because it is from a World War II pattern book a very good friend gave me. They might be a present for the 2013 holiday season so their actual destined recipient will remain in the dark.
Nice King Cole Bamboo Cotton yarn will be made into a cardigan for a little one with this free Ravelry pattern Silver Cardigan

The knitting has taken a back seat to a few marginally more important projects, such as studying for the licensing exam, so the projects are not much further along. Also more important is the first day of a new block; despite going through this every 4 weeks, I still get a bit nervous before rotations where I don't know what to expect. Rotations I have gone through before don't have an effect, not surprisingly it is only the new ones. I study the weekend before so I at least have some random facts I can verbal diarrhea when all else fails, but I still get nervous. There is no real point trying to work on this issue since I only have 2 more new rotations, and after today just 1. Yea!

On a side note, I love and hate the new $20 bills. They frequently stick to each other, which is bad for counting them and looking in my wallet and thinking I only have $40, but great when I feel through them and discover I have $60! Then I go buy potato chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment