Thursday 7 February 2013

Always wear grey pants to an interview, no one can be offended

Two very exciting things happened yesterday. One, I finished the monkey socks. Also, I finished the monkey socks way ahead of schedule! The second exciting thing was that I met with someone to talk about jobs. Gah!

It was kind of like a job interview, in a weird way though. We talked about contracts and remuneration and work hours and the like, but it doesn't feel right because there are lots of family doctor jobs out there and it's more about me making a decision then them. The whole situation did take me back to age 14 when I was interviewing for my first real job, I remember putting on the only dress pants I owned, a pair of light grey pants. My mother drove me there and waited in the parking lot of the dry cleaner warehouse so I could interview with the three large Italian owners (I was a bit intimidated). All went well and I ended up working there throughout high school. When I arrived at Second Cup for my current interview I realized I was wearing similar pants and I felt 14 years old again, pretending that I was all grown up.

Well enough of that boring stuff, here are the socks! And they are the same size as each other!


The Monkey Socks turned out to be a well written pattern. I think the choice of yarn worked fairly well, Indigodragonfly, which is a Merino cashmere sock yarn. A lighter colour would have shown the pattern a bit nicer but overall I'm still happy with it. Now if only I could figure out how to make all the pictures show up in the same row.


2 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful socks! I'm very impressed at how you quickly conquered second sock syndrome!
    Also, I have thought about your internal thermal stat all week, especially since I have had to remove a layer for my biking to work outfit- it is getting too warm and I have been heating up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's the same deal as second mitten syndrome, which I guess I conquered first because that's the first thing I knit that goes as a pair.

    The other day I opened my weather app and it said -17deg. My first thought was, "Yay! Warm enough to wear a dress!" Twisted I know. Exercising outdoors in the Canadian winter is tricky, my body got so confused while snowshoeing I had to take off one mitten. Both off was too cold and both on were too warm!

    ReplyDelete