Saturday 16 February 2013

Sad Day

This week was a sad, sad week. One of our little Pekingese dogs, Tiki, got very sick and had to be put down, late Thursday night. I've cancelled my trip to Toronto to see family/friends because I was too tired to drive and thought I'd be sad all weekend and that's no fun to put on everyone else. So instead I will just stay here and maybe get some distracting work done. I didn't pay great attention in teaching yesterday so I might review those topics, knit and clean, and do other distracting things. Most of the friends I have told have a similar story of losing a pet, often a childhood friend, and commiserating yesterday certainly helped.

No knitting pictures today, just Tiki and her best friend Torch.

On their way home from the shelter, Torch (left) and Tiki (right)

Tiki with her new sweater on

They liked snuggling

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I am sorry. Our dogs are just our lives, and I know what it's like to lose one. Take care of yourself...give Torch a hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorette, that's really nice of you. I've never had to put down a dog, it was way harder than I expected. Torch has naturally sad looking eyes and I think I have countertransference of my sadness onto him. Or it may be transference. I was never very good at psychology.

      Delete