Sunday 4 November 2012

I made a mistake

I made a mistake in my knitting. It was way too late to fix when I noticed it unless I wanted to tink almost to the beginning, which I have never been willing to do. The only question I have is: can I still gift this project?

I had a friend in mind to give these socks to. I don't think she would mind the mistake...would I though? I can just see myself apologizing for the mistake as I give them to her and then she insists it's ok and we go back and forth until I've made it unbearably awkward. It might be better for me to just make another sock.

Last year I made a sweater for someone that had one sleeve 4 feet longer than the other. No, that is not a typo, FOUR FEET. I still don't know how it happened, I think it started off too big then had some trouble with blocking. I spent the whole night on Ravelry soliciting fixing advice; everyone there was dumbfounded. In the end I re-knit the whole sleeve.

I have some experience with mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment